[j-nsp] NetFlow on M7i

TCIS List Acct listacct at tulsaconnect.com
Thu May 24 11:43:24 EDT 2007

Pierantozzi Craig wrote:
> IMHO, I don't think sampling gives you the true data you need for
> billing. Usage based billing is usually done using counters gathered via
> SNMP to get the most accuracy. Depends on your billing model I suppose
> but for true in/out packets/bytes, SNMP counters are the more proven
> option.
>
> my .02

Yes, we don't believe sampling will work for our purposes, it just isn't
accurate enough.  SNMP won't work either as we need to exclude certain traffic
from the measurements.  So, it looks like we are stuck with the Services PIC,
Monitoring PIC, or buying a -ASM model M7i.

Does anyone know how much a Monitoring PIC runs price-wise?  I've not been able
to find any details on it.

--Mike