[j-nsp] 802.3ah OAM support and monitoring

matthew johnson matthewjohnson.uk at gmail.com
Thu May 31 00:07:01 EDT 2007

Hi David,

AFAIK from the testing I have done and my understanding the 802.3ah OAM
support on the T-series routers I do not think you have the options to send
traps. As the T-series routers are core routers they were not expected to
use this functionallity which is fundamentaly for testing the last mile
connectivity.

I am not sure if the M and J-series devices have a more feature rich support
for the 802.3ah standard.

Regards

Matt