[j-nsp] System board memory expansion on M7i

Chris Kawchuk ckawchuk at juniper.net
Thu Nov 1 13:03:35 EDT 2007

Gotcha,

You are correct. cFEB can be either 128 or 256. Again, since the cFEB
has all the actual forwarding routes for the router's ASIC's, you mya be
able to get away with only 128M for now, but again, as the global
routing table gets bigger and bigger, you may run into a limit.

Likewise, if you start adding L3VPNs, and add more and more MPLS/VPN
routes,  you will run into the 128 Mb limit quickly.

Hence, 256M is strongly recommended.

- Chris.