[j-nsp] System board memory expansion on M7i

Dan Farrell danno at appliedi.net
Fri Nov 2 11:28:42 EDT 2007

You're not incorrect that they can be ordered with that much RAM,
however... any sales rep that didn't put you onto the new RE-850-1536-BB
(the 850Mhz CPU with 1536 MB RAM) for the same price as the old 400 mhz
RE isn't doing his/her job.

I say this because we just got our new M7i with those very specs 5 days
ago. Our sales rep originally had us on the 400 Mhz RE, and then
zero-cost upgraded the quote to the 850 Mhz RE and we took it.

Also, if you are looking into the M7i, you can get the Firewall ASM
included/integrated on the FE, but if you order it later, you have to
order it as a separate PIC, and it will cost more.

danno