[j-nsp] STM-4 and Gig LACP Connectivity between Juniper and Ciscogear

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Nov 9 12:43:16 EST 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 06:02:29PM +0100, Jeff Tantsura wrote:
> Hi Samit,
>
> No, LACP is supported on any ethernet (not sure about really old ones)
> interfaces.
> Any relatively new Catalist should support LACP as well, if you are going to
> use SX optic on juniper, use SX on cisco as well :)

LACP is supported everywhere, but if you're doing to do LACP +
vlan-tagging on the AE you need at least an FPC-E. Original FPCs on
classic martini architecture (M5-M160) will do one or the other, but not
both simultaniously.

Also, my random tidbit of advice for the day... Don't configure native
vlan tagging on a Cisco and then try to speak LACP to a Juniper, it will
try to tag the LACP control packets with the native vlan ID and confuse
the hell out of the Juniper. :)