[j-nsp] Enquiry on J4350 RAM/FLASH

Paul Goyette pgoyette at juniper.net
Mon Nov 19 16:13:51 EST 2007

Let me add one additional piece of info here...

If you intend to use the "whole disk" image for loading
JUNOS software, you need to ensure that you use a Compact
Flash with similar emulated "geometry" to the original.
Specifically you need to ensure that the device uses 32
sectors/track.  Otherwise the raw image won't boot!

(There are special images available for 48 sectors/track
devices such as those made by PreTek.)

Paul Goyette
Juniper Networks Customer Service
JTAC Senior Escalation Engineer