[j-nsp] 8.5R1.13 Lock Manager and Database Initialization Utility

wang yi wang.yi.2009 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:51:24 EST 2007

Greetings,

When i upgraded to 8.5R1.13 I have got something new:

 Lock Manager
RDM Embedded 7 [04-Aug-2006] http://www.birdstep.com
Copyright (c) 1992-2006 Birdstep Technology, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

TCP/IP sockets Lock manager
Lock manager 'lockmgr' started successfully.

Database Initialization Utility
RDM Embedded 7 [04-Aug-2006] http://www.birdstep.com
Copyright (c) 1992-2006 Birdstep Technology, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

session_db initialized

I have taken a look at the birdstep web site but could not find anything
related to Junos... So could any talented minds enlighten me on what the
Lock Manager and Datatbase Initialization Utility are doing?

regards,

yi