[j-nsp] Netscreen SSG-550 - Secondary IP not advertised in OSPF

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:14:28 EST 2007

The easiest way to advertise the secondary IP configured on the trust
interface would be to configure a route-map which matches the trust
interface and then applying that route-map to ospf, as in the following:

set vrouter trust-vr
set route-map name "export-routes" permit 1
set match interface trust
exit
set protocol ospf
set redistribute route-map "export-routes" protocol connected

Optionally, if you want to restrict the advertisement to only the secondary
IP and nothing else, you could additionally add an access list which matches
only that IP, as in the following:

set vrouter trust-vrset access-list 1
set access-list 1 permit ip 66.66.66.1/32 10
set route-map name "export-routes" permit 1
set match interface ethernet1
set match ip 1
exit
set protocol ospf
set redistribute route-map "export-routes" protocol connected
Cheers,

Stefan Fouant