[j-nsp] J4300 can not start-up system

Steven Brenchley bresteven at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:39:33 EDT 2007

Looks to be an issue with the CF if you have another J-4300/6300 you can
take the compact flash and insertit into the front slot then run the
following command

> request system snapshot partition as-primary

    This will partition and copy junos onto the CF.  After that just put it
in the orignal box(in back) and it should boot.  If it continues to give you
problems try a new CF.

On 9/27/07, nan.li.juniper <nan.li.juniper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi group,
>

> Warning:Latest reset caused by 4 sec override(Norm)
>
> Trying to boot from Primary Compact Flash...
> Trying to boot from Primary Compact Flash (Recovery Partition)...
> Trying to boot from Removable Compact FlashBoot Failure: System Halted
>
> I am very confused why I can not start-up system during I power up and
> long time no reponed after this message, This is compact flash card error
> problem or others ?
>
> Thanks
>
> DD.N

Steven Brenchley