[j-nsp] [Fwd: Re: Logical routers]

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Oct 5 23:35:58 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 09:10:52AM -0700, Lei Zhang wrote:

> >>hanks for the feedback.
> >>Admin separation is officially released in 8.5. It's a hidden feature in
> >>8.4.
> >>Please keep playing with it and ranting/raving back to us.

Hope you guys test this out a bit more before 8.5, I found a couple major
bugs in 8.4R2 in only a few seconds of playing.

{master}[edit]
ras at re0.cr1.nyc1:testlr# set protocols isis apply-groups BASE-ISIS
error: statement not found 'BASE-ISIS'

It does so exist, just outside of the logical-router config. But since you
can't put groups inside an LR at all, this effectively renders groups
useless when using the set cli.

Also, a failed commit breaks the ":lrname" prompt:

{master}[edit]
ras at re0.cr1.nyc1:testlr# commit and-quit
set cli logical-router re0:
[edit logical-routers testlr interfaces lt-1/3/0 unit 102]
  'family'
     family INET6 not allowed with this encapsulation
error: configuration check-out failed

{master}[edit]
ras at re0.cr1.nyc1# quit
Exiting configuration mode

{master}
ras at re0.cr1.nyc1>

Even though it is still locked inside the LR. Like the concept though,
anything to make LR's more compatible with a normal instance is a big
help.