[j-nsp] J-series: number of policers ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Mon Oct 8 11:24:30 EDT 2007

Hi!

J-Series DRAM Usage Guidelines,
http://www.juniper.net/solutions/literature/feature/210009.pdf
mentions that j-series limited to 50 policers per platform..
This limitation looks strange to me, so, may be I just
misunderstand it..

Can anybody comment, is that a limit of "configured" policers
or "attached" ones ? In other words, is configured policer (5mbit, f.e.)
uses one "policer resource" irrespective of how many interfaces (and in
which direction) it attached, or is any 'set interface ge-x/y/z unit K
family inet policer input 5mbit' uses one "policer resource" ?