[j-nsp] J6350's interface down/up

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Tue Oct 16 09:59:32 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:51:22PM +0900, usacox wrote:

Hi,

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I configured same setting both interfaces with auto-negotiation.
>
> I am looking with no-autonegotiation configuration without its fellow
> after this problem.

Some devices implicitly disable auto-negotiation when you explicitly
configure speed and duplex settings. For J-series interfaces, the Fast
Ethernet PIMs automatically disable auto-negotiation if you configure
both speed and duplex settings. The Gigabit Ethernet PIMs do not, if you
want to disable auto-negotiation on GE you will have to do so under
gigether-options.

If you have a link where one end is doing auto-negotiation and the other
is not, you will end up with the first end (the one doing auto-neg) in
half-duplex. This is the specified default according to 802.3u.

Thanks,

--
Sabri