[j-nsp] J6350's interface down/up

Evan Williams evangellick at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 21 09:48:34 EDT 2007

whilst I enjoy the debate of this issue, to disambiguiate (ooh!), IMHO
empirically I have found it is always easier to hard code the settings when
connecting different vendors equipment. The point I make with clause 37 is
that some vendors chose to interpret auto-negotiation in their own
particular way. As they also chose to support IETF recommendations to suit
their needs. After all this is all about business needs and if one vendor
supports a protocol in one way it does not always hold that another vendor
will support in exactly the same way (proven empirically).

It suits some vendors to interpret recommendations to preserve their market
dominance, enough said.

yours in abject skepticism