[j-nsp] Class of Service help on T-series w/8.2R1.7

Angel Bardarov angel.bardarov at btc-net.bg
Wed Sep 5 11:20:02 EDT 2007

What kind of tester are you using? If your tester is capable of doing
pings I can suggest following - reconfigure one of vlans to be normal
interface (not part of VPLS instance) and assing IP address to it;
configure IP address in your test device from same subnet; try  pinging
router's IP address from your testing equipment; you can monitor traffic
destined for RE (for example ICMP packets):

lab at r3> monitor traffic interface ge-0/3/0.11 _*layer2-headers*_ size 1500
verbose output suppressed, use <detail> or <extensive> for full protocol
decode
Listening on ge-0/3/0.11, capture size 1500 bytes

20:21:31.239070 Out 0:14:f6:28:d4:5d > 1:0:5e:0:0:5, ethertype 802.1Q
(0x8100), length 82: vlan 11, _*p 6,*_ ethertype IPv4, 10.0.4.5 >
224.0.0.5: OSPFv2, Hello, length: 44
^C
1 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

That way you can see vlan tag, .1p bits, etc. ....

Angel Bardarov