[j-nsp] Third party compact flash on the J6350.

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Tue Sep 11 14:46:25 EDT 2007

There are definitely issues with the "junos-jseries-cf" images
working on any CF that's not on the supported list. See: http://
www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/jseries/junos84/rn-jseries-84/rn-
supported-IIIparty-hw.html#rn-supported-IIIparty-hw

Not sure if your Kingston cf's match the ones on the list, but it
looks like the SanDisk ones do not.

That being said, you MAY be able to use the snapshot command on an
existing J6350 router to prepare you current CFs. Use the supported
SanDisk—ImageMate USB 2.0 Reader/Writer for CompactFlash Type I and
II device to connect the CFs via USB. Then do "request system
snapshot media usb partition as-primary" You can also add the
"factory" keyword if you don't want to copy the configs with the
snapshot.

HTH,
--Stacy