[j-nsp] My first Juniper

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Thu Sep 13 15:21:51 EDT 2007

Hi Matt,
JUNOS also has pretty decent in-router help available at the operational
mode command line:

admin at m20-re0> help ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
  apropos              Find help information about a topic
  reference            Reference material
  syslog               System log error messages
  tip                  Tip for the day
  topic                Help for high level topics
  |                    Pipe through a command

admin at m20-re0> help reference bgp group
group

      Syntax

   group group-name {
       advertise-inactive;
        [ network/mask-length ];
       authentication-key key;
       cluster cluster-identifier;
       damping;
       description text-description;
       export [ policy-names ];
       family {

Some more good references (watch for wrap):

http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-bgp-template.pdf
http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-template.pdf
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/nog/
http://www.juniper.net/customers/csc/documentation/techdocs/downloads/pd