[j-nsp] My first Juniper

Peter E. Fry pfry-lists at redsword.com
Thu Sep 13 17:55:30 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew Crocker <mcrocker at crocker.com>
[...]
> I need to learn things like setting up BGP, 'ip verify
> unicast   reverse-path...', 'ip qos', 'ACL',
> 'Control-plane ACLs', 'router   ospf ...'

  I see a couple of good answers that address your question
("documents"), but I'm going to throw out the cheeseball
method: Hop on your J-Web interface, configure up your
(basic) routing, then have a look at what it did to the
config.  It's a good way to get a started with a basic,
working config.
  If you haven't already, hit http://www.cymru.com and have
a look at the "Secure JunOS Template" -- not just as a
template, but as a point of comparison to the "Secure IOS
Template".
  And, of course, RT(F)M.

Peter E. Fry