[j-nsp] Netscreen security Manager 2007.1r3 on Ubuntu 7.04

Jose Valdivia domingovaldivia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:04:23 EDT 2007

I'm trying to run the NSM, it's run on Red Hat fine, but I want it on my
Ubuntu 7.04.

I copy the files from my vmware red hat instalation. NetScreen-Security
Manager folder.

If I try to run ./NSM, I got:

nawk: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
uname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
NSM: line 1535: [: =: unary operator expected
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
/usr/share/jre1.5.0_02/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries:
libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had:

ls -l /lib/libm.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 2007-08-30 06:42 /lib/libm.so.6 -> libm-2.5.so

I create a link to every lib folder. But don't works

I edit the NSM file, and change:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.5.20
for
#export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.5.20

And now I dont get nothing, error messages or console.

Regards.
--
Jose Valdivia