[j-nsp] Failures in HD-only M7i routers

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Sep 29 16:48:15 EDT 2007

> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:14:48 -0700
> From: "John T. Yocum" <john at fluidhosting.com>
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> Hello,
>
> What version of JunOS are you running on them? We had a similar problem
>   last year, and Juniper actually replaced our RE.
>
> As for flash memory, we're using a SanDisk card as the main boot media
> now. From what I understand, the Juniper CF cards are just rebranded
> SanDisk cards.

They are simply SanDisk CF. They are not re-branded. From the "show
chassis hardware detail" command on our routers:
SanDisk SDCFB-256
SanDisk SDCFJ-256
STI Flash 7.3.0

Note that 256M CF has a limited future as JUNOS V9.0 will require 1GB
CF.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)