[j-nsp] Configuration database lock problem

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 13:03:19 EDT 2008

Hi Jonas,

 It seems to me your configuration database is corrupted since 'clear
system commit' is not working properly, which should.

 Here's something else you can try. Be *VERY* careful though since
this process will erase your configuration
at some point, so I suggest you back it up in your workstation too,
just in case and make sure you have console access to the box

lab at router> configure
lab at router # save Saved-config
lab at router # run file list | match "/"

/var/home/lab/:           ========> remember this path, just in case
you need to login with another user via console later.

lab at router> start shell user root
Password:
lab at router% cd /var/rundb
lab at router%  ls juniper*
juniper.data    juniper.db      juniper.save
lab at router% rm juniper.*
lab at router% exit
exit

[edit]
lab at router# exit
lab at router> configure
Entering configuration mode
The configuration has been changed but not committed

[edit]
lab at router# show
## Last changed: 2008-04-05 18:51:27 CEST

lab at router#  commit check
error: cannot commit an empty configuration   # ==:> all your config is deleted

lab at router# load override Saved-config # == > use 'load override' to
recover your last "couldnt-be-committed" version of the config
load complete

[edit]
lab at router# show # =======> check your configuration here !!!!

[snipped]