[j-nsp] Unequal DRAM on the two Routing Engines

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Mon Apr 7 04:12:33 EDT 2008

Hello,

running a RE with only 512 MB with recent JunOS sounds dangerous to me.
And with even less than that.... I wouldnt sleep well :)
Have you tested that your config runs fine with 256MB in production? If
it does it _might_ work.
However...i strongly recommend you get additional ram.
See:
http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Route_Engine_DRAM_Compatibility
Its not really that expensive...

Regards,