[j-nsp] Class of Service help on T-series w/8.2R1.7

samuel.gay at bt.com samuel.gay at bt.com
Thu Apr 10 05:20:47 EDT 2008

Hi !

It seems that we have the same kind of problem.
We are seing this issue on M10i/M7i routers and 4 ports GE IQ2, with all JUNOS version. In fact the problem come from the CFEB. For the moment we have seen it with 3 CFEBs. The requirement for reproduction is that the input interface for the PE in output of the MPLS network needs to be an IQ2 interface. For some reason it is not correctly passing the PLP bit to the PFE.

The first time that we have seen the problem (May 2007) we have open a case and JUNIPER done a RMA on the faulty CFEB.
We have met again this issue in February 2008 with 2 CFEBs. A new case has been opened and now JUNIPER is doing researchs on this case. For the moment we have no method to know if a CFEB in production is good or not ... We are following this with JUNIPER engineers team.

Regards,
Samuel