[j-nsp] Route Distinguisher and Route Target

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Apr 11 08:13:33 EDT 2008

On Friday 11 April 2008, Ibariouen Khalid wrote:

> i our MPLS backbone we decided to configure  " Route
> Distinguisher = Route Target "  may this cause any
> problem ?

Nope, it's what we do.

I know the documentation recommends that one uses a unique
RD on each PE router to easily identify the source of the
VPN route, but we use the same information across all PE
routers routing the same VPN.

Just make sure different VPN's use different information, of
course :-).

Cheers,

Mark.