[j-nsp] M320

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Mon Apr 14 16:13:46 EDT 2008

> I think you read this a bit differently than I. I think the issue was
> how few components are required to power up and boot an RE in an M320.

I think the person who asked the question in the first place needs to
clarify it.

> I don't know the answer, but I bet no FPCs or PICs are required. At
> least one power supply and one RE. Not sure about other things like how
> many fan modules are needed or if a CFEB is required.

We had an opportunity to check on some of this a few months ago, when
we lost DC power in a node and later was able to restore partial power.

We found that the M320, with one power supply, can power up an RE and
*some* of the slots but not all. Also, you definitely need a CB to get
anything powered up at all. Not sure about the SIBs.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no