[j-nsp] J-series stateful firewall / NAT architecture

Campbell, Alex Alex.Campbell at dtdigital.com.au
Sun Apr 20 17:57:01 EDT 2008

We wll definitely run separate pairs of switches.  The only clean way to avoid the 4 x switch requirement is to use Routed Edge Resiliency, which doesn't seem ideal as it uses OSPF for failover.

State sync is a requirement so it looks like we will be going with a pair of SSG-550s.  Hopefully all the firewall features from ScreenOS will one day be moved to mainstream JunOS.