[j-nsp] VPLS LM Status?

Krasimir Avramski krasi at smartcom.bg
Mon Aug 4 04:30:28 EDT 2008

Hello,

Only one pseudowire is setup between PEs of a VPLS domain.

There are already pseudowires 1-2 and 1-3, so site ID 1 is minimum
designated in PE for this VPLS domain. At the forwarding plain you should
not have any problems in communication between interfaces in site 4 to local
interfaces in site 1 and remote site IDs 2 and 3.
LM, RM states are not considered errors, that is more information for the
pseudowire selection.

Think of "a site" (VE) as a selection of PE-CE interfaces (local mesh-group)
for a vpls domain.

Also when configuring multihoming specify the site preferences in order PEs
to solve collisions and choose single forwarder.

Regards,
Krasi