[j-nsp] ex-series: counters for transit traffic ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Tue Aug 5 04:30:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 06:39:22PM +0400, Alexandre Snarskii wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It looks like ex-series switches does not count nor packets nor
> bytes, nor ingress nor egress, for transit traffic.
>
> For example, on physical interfaces all I can get is Local statistics:

Well, for physical interfaces it was my fault (detailed statistics
is may be too detailed): counters are ok for the interface:

  Traffic statistics:
   Input  bytes  :             98912915                    0 bps
   Output bytes  :             23551582                    0 bps
   Input  packets:                69595                    0 pps
   Output packets:               279609                    0 pps

and the only (cosmetic) bug is that they are not counted as
'Transit statistics' for unit 0.

Thanks to everybody who pointed me to that.