[j-nsp] DRAM for M7 / crash of M7

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Tue Aug 26 09:36:33 EDT 2008

> -----Original Message-----
> From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-
> bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Jonathan Looney
> Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:26 AM
> To: Matthias Gelbhardt
> Cc: juniper-nsp
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] DRAM for M7 / crash of M7

> Memory is cheap insurance.

Ha ha...not if you're buying the vendor-branded memory.  I am pretty sure that this is the reason why most people don't go with max memory at original purchase.  When you come close to increasing your cost by thousands of dollars for the privilege of having J- or C- (or any other vendor) 'brand' the memory, most just skip this step and decide to deal with it later.

That said, I agree 100%.

-evt