[j-nsp] generate a default route question

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:09:46 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:52 AM, William Jackson <wjackson at sapphire.gi> wrote:

> Problem is that even when it is up I don't see my default in the routing
> table:
>
> run show route hidden
>
> inet.0: 271174 destinations, 271234 routes (271174 active, 0 holddown, 1
> hidden)
>
> + = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both
>
> 0.0.0.0/0           [Aggregate] 1w4d 07:44:01, tag 1000
>
>                      Reject
>
> It is there but hidden, why and how do I get it into the active routing
> table?

The problem with your policy is that for contributing routes to be
considered for an aggregate/generated route, they must either include
an IP address for the next-hop or the must be a connected
point-to-point interface.  Your example, with the 1.1.1.0/24 direct
route will not work.

Also, you can use a 'show route hidden extensive' to get more detailed
information as to why the route is not becoming active.

HTHs.

--
Stefan Fouant