[j-nsp] New M7i/M10i Enhanced CFEB

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Dec 3 01:21:21 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 04:07:56AM +0100, Nicolaj Kamensek wrote:
> Mark Tinka schrieb:
> >Anyone had a chance to beta the new, enhanced CFEB for the
> >M7i/M10i routers?
>
> Isn't that just a CFEB with more SSRAM and/or DRAM? Should be doing the
> same job then but supports more active routes and some other stuff.

No. My understanding is the new CFEB's are I-Chip 3.0 based (like MX and
M120), and thus use RLDRAM the same as those platforms (and handle a
very large number of routes). This replaces the ABC-chipset, which was a
scaled down version of the original M40 architecture, and which is only
found on the M#i platforms.