[j-nsp] Juniper uRPF implementation

German Martinez gmartine at ajax.opentransit.net
Wed Dec 3 15:38:42 EST 2008

Hello,
We have an scenario where we have a bunch of routes in the routing table (RE) but we only let one default route go to the PFE.
We achieve that by using forwarding filters.

Could someone clarify Juniper's uRPF implementation, when only a default route is installed in the PFE?
Are the uRPF decisions taken based on data found in the control planer or the forwarding plane?

I am a bit confused because according to the documentation that I found the decisions are based on the routing table.  If I have all
routes in my routing table I shouldn't have any issues.  Is that a right assumption?

Thanks
German