[j-nsp] Is there any impact of changing number of aggregated ethernet device?

Mustafa Golam - mustafa.golam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:03:52 EST 2008

Our current configuration is :

mustafa at JUNIPER_SR02> show configuration chassis aggregated-devices
ethernet {
    device-count 5;
}

Recent increase in demand and network utilization is asking to make at least
10 aggregated ethernet ports.

if we execute:*set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count
10*command, will there be any
impact on the router.

Has anyone has similar experience?
Did            1.) you need to restart the router
                 2.) or up/down the configured aeX ports or
                 3.) reconfigure all the previous aeX ports ? or any other
complication?

System info:
mustafa at JUNIPER_SR02> show version
Hostname: JUNIPER_SR02
Model: m120
JUNOS Base OS boot [8.5R1.13]
JUNOS Base OS Software Suite [8.5R1.13]
JUNOS Kernel Software Suite [8.5R1.13]
JUNOS Crypto Software Suite [8.5R1.13]
JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine Support (M/T Common) [8.5R1.13]
JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine Support (M120) [8.5R1.13]
JUNOS Online Documentation [8.5R1.13]
JUNOS Routing Software Suite [8.5R1.13]

*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` *Mustafa Golam