[j-nsp] Plain IPv4 over MPLS // mpls ldp ip-forwarding // ERX-1400 Version: 7.2.4 patch-0.4 [BuildId 8655]

JCGZ JCGZ juniper.pe.1977 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:10:35 EST 2008

Dear all,
We are testing Plain IPv4 over MPLS and IP VPN over MPLS.
Here the topology  :

                RR
CE1--PE1---P1---P2------PE2----CE2
                   I      I
                   I      I
                   I      I-------PE3----CE3
                  IR

Where:
CE1,CE2 = CPE Huaweis
CE3 = CPE Cisco
PE1 = Cisco 7609
P1,P2,RR,IR = Juniper M7i - logical routers
PE2 = Huawei NE80E
PE3 = Juniper ERX-1400 - virtual routers
RR= Route Reflector
IR= Internet Router

IP VPN over MPLS is working fine in all devices.
Plain IPv4 over MPLS is having problem ,we are using SAFI 1

Here the summary :

Ping from CE1 to CE2 is OK
Ping from CE1 to CE3 is not OK
Ping from CE1 to IR is OK

Ping from CE2 to CE1 is OK
Ping from CE2 to CE3 is not OK
Ping from CE2 to IR is OK

Ping from CE3 to CE2 is not OK
Ping from CE3 to CE1 is not OK
PIng from CE3 to IR is not OK

In Cisco , the PE can work without problem .
In Huawei , we need to add the route recursive-lookup tunnel , to enable teh
forwarding of plain IPv4 over MPLS.

We are using the mpls ldp ip-forwarding (
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose73/swcmdref-a-m/html/m-commands83.html
)
in the PE Juniper , but the CE3 can not make ping using plain IPv4.

Could you help me with this problem ?

Brgds
Juan Carlos...