[j-nsp] JNCIP book, ISIS and BGP Q!

Steve Steiner ntwrkguru at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 09:49:22 EST 2008

There's 2 things here.  1) The configuration scenario for the misc. knobs
where you ignore the ISIS attached bit, and 2) the end-of-chapter ISIS case
study.

When you get to iBGP, you are instructed to use the ISIS end-of-chapter case
study as the baseline for iBGP.  In that case study, there are no
requirements to use the "ignore-attached-bit" knob, meaning that R2 *will*
get a default route from R3 and R4. We know this because of the task:

   - lo0 addresses are reachable through IS-IS for all routers with an IS-IS
   SysID based on the lo0 address. Backbone router lo0 addresses must not be
   injected into area 49.0002 or 49.0001.

Without injecting the backbone (49.0003) loopbacks into 49.0001 and 49.0002,
you must use the default route provided by the attached bit.