[j-nsp] Rate limiting

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Sat Dec 27 13:05:40 EST 2008

P. S.

BS is needed because dealing with policing (not shaping), the router has no
buffer where to put a packet in for awaiting. It is also not able to drop a
part of a packet -- either transmit or drop a whole one. Well, imagine a
situation when you need to transmit just one packet per hour, but a really
huge one. It is when burst size comes into play.