[j-nsp] Crashing rpd on 8.5R4.3 on Backup RE (M20)

Joerg Staedele js at tnib.de
Tue Dec 30 06:21:36 EST 2008

Dear colleagues,

We just installed JunOS 8.5R4.3 on a fully redundant M20 with RE-2.0.

We're expiriencing big problems on the Backup RE. It is booting and then syncing the routes, bgp sessions etc. (we have GRES and NSR active)

After some time the rpd on the backup RE core dumps and the story begings again.

I already replaced the Backup RE but the problem persists so i think it's a Software Bug.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

 Joerg

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

 Joerg Staedele

: Trusted Network GmbH
: Max-Planck-Str. 1
: D-85716 Unterschleissheim
: Telefon: 089 / 54 80 163 - 0
: Telefax: 089 / 54 80 163 - 222
: Web: http://www.tnib.de
: Geschaeftsfuehrer: Joerg Staedele, Stefan Kinner
: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Unterschleissheim
: Registergericht: AG Muenchen HRB 108 388