[j-nsp] Juniper (8.4) secure IPv6 template

Ariel Biener ariel at isoc.org.il
Mon Feb 4 10:57:24 EST 2008

  Hello people,

    In an attempt to create an equivalent of the "Team Cymru"
secure IPv4 JunOS template (they do not have a IPv6 one
right now), I am looking for ideas/templates of how to secure
JunOS running IPv6 (similar to the IPv4 template). I am interested
in incorporating one template, which I'll post here (and give to
Team Cymru for improvements).
   My need is to create a template for a Juniper router at an exchange
point, running BGPv4 only, and being monitored both via SNMP and ICMP,
and allowing SSH access for administration.

   If any of you already created a secure IPv6 template for JunOS and is
willing to share, I'd be much obliged.

thanks,

--Ariel
 --
 Ariel Biener
 Technical Officer      tel: +972-3-6114094
 ISOC-IL                e-mail: ariel at isoc.org.il
 PGP: http://www.tau.ac.il/~ariel/pgp.html