[j-nsp] Multi Segment Pseudo wire on JUNOS

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Wed Feb 6 08:14:26 EST 2008

Atul Kant wrote:

> Does anyone tried or know whether Junos support multi segment pseudo-wire with pseudo-wire switching

I believe the M series supports this. Some of the other guys here have been evaluating use of an M7i in a core location with pseudowires to multiple remote J series routers, to transport multiple tagged VLANs to remote locations via a Layer 3 network. The M switches frames between PWs.

>From memory, one PW is required per VLAN per remote endpoint. (i.e. 4 VLANs across 3 remote endpoints with switching within each VLAN would require 12 PWs). A Tunnel Services PIC is required in the M series router, plus possibly an Ethernet Services PIC. (though I think the latter was mainly for VLAN mapping in our instance)

I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Brad