[j-nsp] SNMP and BGP prefix limit

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Feb 12 09:16:44 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:22:56PM +0100, Tomasz Klicki wrote:
> Hi,
> does Juniper support receiving via SNMP configured limits of prefixes for
> BGP sessions? I can't find it in any of MIBs or Google.

No, Juniper's SNMP implementation is read-only for statistics
gathering.

Instead of SNMP, Juniper implments JUNOScript and NetConf which are
XML configuration languages which provide access to the entire
configuration language of the router locally and remotely via a
standard API.  There are also Perl bindings for this, so you can
programmatically alter any part of the config.

You can see any part of the config tranlated into XML by adding "|
display xml", e.g.:

rtr> show configuration | display xml