[j-nsp] Junose (ERX) IP pool management

Gabriel Blanchard gabriel at teksavvy.com
Wed Feb 13 14:08:08 EST 2008

We are trying to configure multiple ERXs 310 to share a Pool of IPs to
assign to DSL customers. These ERXs are acting as LNSes.

The problem is that right now we are statically configuring each of
the ERXs with different Pools of IPs. We would like all of them to be
able to share the same Pool of IPs to ease of management.

I believe the best way would be to configure sqlippool in our
Freeradius daemons to manage the IPs.

Someone else here thinks that it would be possible to configure the
ERXes to relay the request to a dhcp server....I don't think it would
work. Mostly because we need to manage different types of IP pools.

If anyone could throw in suggestions, would be appreciated.

-Gabriel