[j-nsp] atastandbyarmset & smartd

Paul Goyette pgoyette at juniper.net
Wed Feb 20 08:56:03 EST 2008

Adaptive Standby periodically puts the hard drive to "sleep" for
several minutes, buffering I/O activity in the kernel.  Without
this sleep time, the hard drive (and therefore the entire Routing
Engine) could fail prematurely.

Paul Goyette
Juniper Networks Customer Service
JTAC Senior Escalation Engineer