[j-nsp] How to load a lot of prefixes

wang dong bei wang.dong.bei at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:03:13 EST 2008

Hi talented minds,

I want to do some testing with BGP and I need to inject a lots of routes,
preferably the entire Internet routing table, into some of the routers of an
isolated lab. My initial approach is to capture the "show route bgp" output
from one of my routers and massage the data into the "set routing-options
static prefix....." and load everything into my testing routers. However,
the script is more difficult to write, the result is full of errors, and
when I load the config, it somehow hang my terminal sessions.

So are there anyways to quickly populate the routing table of my testing
routers by administrative configuration means?

thanks for your help.

regards,

dong bei