[j-nsp] Spam on extreme-nsp

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Jan 4 09:00:31 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 12:54:15PM +0000, Mike Hughes wrote:
> Hi Jared,
>
> I guess you're list admin for extreme-nsp, just in case you've not noticed,
> we've had an attack of spam on extreme-nsp since New Year.
>
> >From the headers looks like it may actually be using real but throwaway
> gmail.com/yahoo.com addresses, which are probably even signed up to the
> list, so it's not like the list being "subscriber post only" would help.

	I just caught someone else.. what they're doing is subbing to
the list (actually a lot of lists on puck) and there was that blogger
crap and just now there was some candyshop999 at gmail.com address.

	sigh.

	hard to do something about this without setting
moderate new users flag.

	will think about setting that if this keeps up.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net