[j-nsp] RPM udp-ping probe test timing out

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Sat Jan 5 13:37:02 EST 2008

Hello,

I think that you need to configure a udp rpm server process in the
remote machine. I do not think that rpm expects to receive an icmp error
message in response to a udp test probe. No config is needed for icmp
test probes in the server, but tcp and udp probes need something like:

services {
    rpm {
        probe-server {
            udp {