[j-nsp] Juniper M10i n00b question

Julien Couturier Julien.Couturier at telindus.fr
Tue Jan 8 04:38:02 EST 2008

Hi,

Then, this is likely that you'll have to go on site, remove/insert the faulty RE, log onto the RE console port and check boot sequence ('sysctl -a | grep bootdevs' in shell. Normally, you should have pcmcia, CF and disk), then eventually check/replace CF, etc.

If you have a valid contract with Juniper, it's maybe worth opening a case with JTAC (in this case, be sure to take at least 'request support info', 'sh log messages' and 'sh log chassisd' at the time of the issue - RE moved to "present" state - before doing anything on the node).

Besides, if someone here knows a method to remotely recover from this "present" state, I would be (very) happy to learn how :)

Julien.