[j-nsp] SNMP Ifindex persist

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Wed Jan 9 11:44:28 EST 2008

Farhan,

You might be able to help pinpoint the issue by executing 'file show /
var/db/dcd.snmp_ix'.

/var/db/dcd.snp_ix is the file where SNMP ifindex information is
stored. The file is in a relatively human readable format and has a
comment at the top indicating the last time it was written.

As Jared said, the most likely culprit would be related to some
software upgrades.

lab at Denver> file show /var/db/dcd.snmp_ix
/*
  * dcd-generated /var/db/dcd.snmp_ix
  * Version: DCD release 8.4R2.4 built by builder on 2007-12-08
07:16:16 UTC
  * Written: Wed Dec 26 22:58:12 2007
  */
<snip>

This probably goes without saying , but don't try to edit this file
directly.

--Stacy