[j-nsp] VRRP tuning and scaling

Jonathan Brashear jbrashear at hq.speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 14 09:09:59 EST 2008

Seconded.  Depending on what type of Juniper you're using, VRRP issues
can heavily tax a router and cause it to drop bgp with other routers if
enough problems pop up.  Dropping the fast-interval time will only
hasten these problems.  It's your call, but imo it's a
high-risk/low-reward situation tuning the failover to the lowest time
possible.

Network Engineer
http://www.speakeasy.net