[j-nsp] SFP Compatibility

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Wed Jan 16 09:16:52 EST 2008

I know of a dozen vendors in taiwan/china that will ask you which eeprom
code you want on your SFP if you order there. They do have almost any
code available, be it HP or Cisco or whatever. The SFPs will be
correctly detected by the device and work just like a original. (However
the SFPs do have white labels on them of course).
This apparently is now a standard "service" by most SFP vendors.

Jonas