[j-nsp] out-bound anti-spoofing rules when using community-based routing

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:05:38 EST 2008

   I suppose uRPF would do the trick, though since I have some
customers with redundant connectivity to us, asymmetry is possible.
So, in that case we'd end up having to maintain prefix-lists after
all, which we'd reference in the 'rpf-check fail-filter'.
   I had done away with prefix-lists for the most part for our BGP
customers and simply listed their blocks in their policy-statements,
but I guess reverting back to referencing prefix-lists using
'prefix-list-filter <name> orlonger' would work the same, and allow me
to reference same prefix-list in a fail-filter.  Serves me right for
trying to save a few lines of config.
   Thanks for the comments.  On a related note, did anything ever
happen with the idea of 'feasible path' RPF, which would consider
multiple paths to the same prefix, instead of just the active one?

David