[j-nsp] juniper router process interaction

Peter Enis peterenis at gmx.net
Wed Jan 30 05:26:58 EST 2008

Hello!
Is there an overview, or can someone explain, how processes on juniper
routers interact, including, which processes interact.
I am currently breaking down, how the apsd interacts with the rest of
the system. As far as I understand right now, the communtication is
limited to these three daemons:
-rpd
-ifd
-apsd

and the rpd contains the participating routing protocols and related
stuff depending on the solution. (for example ldp and isis) Is that
true? Are they created via threads? How can I bring the communication
between tasks inside rpd to my mind?
Many questions, I know!

Best regards,

Peter